Born and raised in Grand Rapids, Mich., Tasha Blackmon is a dynamic leader who brings more than 20 years of business operations experience to ensure patients in her home community, and surrounding areas, receive the highest quality of care.
Blackmon serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of Michigan’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) providing integrated health care services in Barry, Eaton, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Ottawa and Wayne counties. In this role, she is responsible for administrative and operational oversight of Cherry Health’s network of more than 20 locations, approximately 900 employees and more than 60 physicians and mid-level providers specializing in primary care and family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, optometry, oral health, behavioral health and substance use disorders.
During her 15 years at Cherry Health, Blackmon led numerous development projects, as well as large scale renovations and expansion projects, and held six positions before becoming CEO in 2018. Prior to joining Cherry Health, she was operations manager at BioLife Plasma Services, a subsidiary of Baxter Healthcare, Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company.
- B.S. – Michigan State University
- M.B.A. – Cornerstone University
- Executive Fellowship – University of Kansas Medical Center
Professional & Community Engagement
- Behavioral Health Community Steering Committee – 2018 to present
- Children’s Advocacy Center Board – 2018 to present
- City of Grand Rapids Sustainability Advisory Council – 2018 to present
- Kent County Crisis Center Task Force – 2018 to present
- Grand Valley State University – Vice Provost for Health Advisory Board – 2018 to present
- Michigan Community Health Network (MCHN) – Board and Operations Committee – 2018 to present
- Michigan Primary Care Association (MPCA) – Board – 2018 to present
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Subcommittee of Health Center Financing – 2016 to present
- Committee on Health Center Excellence and Training – 2016 to present
- National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) – 2016 to present
- Varnum – Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council – 2016 to present
- West Michigan Horticultural Society, Inc. Board – Diversity & Inclusion Committee – 2018 to present