Born and raised in Grand Rapids, Mich., Tasha Blackmon is a dynamic, collaborative leader, mentor and coach who brings more than 20 years of business operations experience to her role as President and Chief Executive Officer of Michigan’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Cherry Health provides integrated health care services to over 60,000 patients in Barry, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Ottawa and Wayne counties.
Since joining Cherry Health in 2005, Blackmon has championed health justice through aggressively disrupting healthcare disparities. Her experience comes from an operational perspective, having established high standards of care and developed integrated healthcare systems that treat an individual’s health needs holistically, rather than symptomatically. She has led numerous large-scale expansion and development projects and held six positions within Cherry Health before becoming CEO in 2018. As an accomplished and mission-minded leader, it is imperative to Tasha that our community is healthier, one patient at a time.
An eloquent and inspiring speaker, Tasha has a way of being heard on behalf of those who do not have voices, and for those whose voices have been silenced because of the barriers that they face. She is passionate and personally driven to ensure that all patients served in her home community, and surrounding areas, receive the highest quality of care.
- B.S. – Michigan State University
- M.B.A. – Cornerstone University
- Executive Fellowship – University of Kansas Medical Center
Professional & Community Engagement
- Black Impact Collaborative Health and Wellbeing Committee – 2020 to present
- Children’s Advocacy Center Board – 2018 to present
- Delta Dental Foundation Board – 2021 to present
- Fredrick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park Board of Directors – 2018 to present
- Executive Committee member- 2019 to present
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee member – 2019 to present
- Grand Valley State University – Vice Provost for Health Advisory Board – 2018 to present
- Housing Stability Alliance (HSA) Board – 2021 to present
- MHA Advisory Committee for Grand Valley State University – 2019 to present
- Michigan Primary Care Association (MPCA) – Board of Directors – 2018 to present
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Subcommittee of Health Center Financing – 2016 to present
- Committee on Health Center Excellence and Training – 2016 to present
- National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) – 2016 to present
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) – Member – 2015 to present
- United Way Steering Committee – 2018 to present
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids (GRYMCA) Board – 2020 to present