Cherry Health is pleased to offer the Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreter Training.
The Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreter Training prepares individuals to become successful medical interpreters. This language-neutral course, taught in English, is open to speakers of all languages. Prior experience in the medical and/or interpreting fields is helpful but not required!
Students will learn the necessary skills to become a qualified medical interpreter by participating in group activities, gaining practice interpreting from day-one onward, and through the instruction and insight of our experienced trainers.
Bridging the Gap is for you if you are:
- Fluent in English and one other language (does not have to be Spanish)
- Interested in medical interpreting
- Able to complete the 40-hour training
- Age 18 or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Interpreting skills
- Culture and communication
- Healthcare system
- Communication Skills
- Professional development
- Roles of the interpreter
- National certification
- National codes of ethics
- Modes of interpreting
- Interpreting skills practice
- Culture and its impact on interpreting
- Introduction to medical terminology
The total cost for the training is $700. This price includes: 40 hours of instruction, medical glossary, textbook/workbook, language assessment (must receive a minimum rating of advanced low or higher), and certificate of completion.
If you are interested in taking one of the Bridging the Gap classes or have questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.