Tasha Blackmon :: President and Chief Executive Officer
Born and raised in Grand Rapids, Mich., Tasha Blackmon is a dynamic, collaborative leader, mentor and coach who brings more than 20 years of business operations experience to her role as President and Chief Executive Officer of Michigan’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Cherry Health provides integrated health care services to over 60,000 patients in Barry, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Ottawa and Wayne counties.
Since joining Cherry Health in 2005, Blackmon has championed health justice through aggressively disrupting healthcare disparities. Her experience comes from an operational perspective, having established high standards of care and developed integrated healthcare systems that treat an individual’s health needs holistically, rather than symptomatically. She has led numerous large-scale expansion and development projects and held six positions within Cherry Health before becoming CEO in 2018. As an accomplished and mission-minded leader, it is imperative to Tasha that our community is healthier, one patient at a time.
An eloquent and inspiring speaker, Tasha has a way of being heard on behalf of those who do not have voices, and for those whose voices have been silenced because of the barriers that they face. She is passionate and personally driven to ensure that all patients served in her home community, and surrounding areas, receive the highest quality of care.
- B.S. – Michigan State University
- M.B.A. – Cornerstone University
- Executive Fellowship – University of Kansas Medical Center
Professional & Community Engagement
- Black Impact Collaborative Health and Wellbeing Committee – 2020 to present
- Children’s Advocacy Center Board – 2018 to present
- Delta Dental Foundation Board – 2021 to present
- Fredrick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park Board of Directors – 2018 to present
- Executive Committee member- 2019 to present
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee member – 2019 to present
- Grand Valley State University – Vice Provost for Health Advisory Board – 2018 to present
- Housing Stability Alliance (HSA) Board – 2021 to present
- MHA Advisory Committee for Grand Valley State University – 2019 to present
- Michigan Primary Care Association (MPCA) – Board of Directors – 2018 to present
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Subcommittee of Health Center Financing – 2016 to present
- Committee on Health Center Excellence and Training – 2016 to present
- National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) – 2016 to present
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) – Member – 2015 to present
- United Way Steering Committee – 2018 to present
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids (GRYMCA) Board – 2020 to present
Timothy Hill, DDS :: Chief Dental Officer
With a passion for increasing access to oral health care for underserved communities, Dr. Hill joined Cherry Health right out of dental school in 2006 as a general dentist and later served as director of dental services until being named chief oral health officer in 2020. His more than 13 years at Cherry Health has not only fueled his growth as a dentist and healthcare leader, but it also serves as the driving force behind Dr. Hill’s commitment to helping as many patients in our community as possible by providing high-quality, patient-centered care. In addition to his work at Cherry Health, Dr. Hill is actively involved with the Michigan Dental Association’s Committee on Access to Care. He also provides clinical leadership for students at the University of Detroit-Mercy School of Dentistry and the University of Michigan School Of Dentistry.
- D.D.S. – University of Michigan School of Dentistry
- BA. – Grand Valley State University
Professional & Community Engagement
- Michigan Dental Association
- Committee on Access to Care – Member, 2018 to present
- Dental Assistant Work Group – 2016 to present
- West Michigan District Dental Society – Member
- American Dental Association – Member
Leslie Pelkey, MD, FACP :: Chief Medical Officer/Internal Medicine
As an internal medicine physician with more than two decades of community health experience, Dr. Leslie Pelkey is committed to improving health outcomes for those facing significant inequities in access and quality of care.
Dr. Pelkey joined Cherry Health in 2003 as a physician and was named Associate Chief Medical Officer in 2015. In her current role as Chief Medical Officer, she provides a clinical perspective to advance Cherry Health’s mission by leading the necessary culture change and collaborative efforts to engage staff and align resources in order to improve the quality of care and overall patient experience.
In addition to her leadership role at Cherry Health, Dr. Pelkey continues practicing medicine as a board-certified internist at Heart of the City Health Center Adult Medicine, where she enjoys working with students across disciplines including pharmacy, social work and medicine. Dr. Pelkey is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP), and is also a member of the Kent County Medical Society, Michigan State Medical Society, Michigan Primary Care Association (MPCA) and the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC).
- M.D. – University of Michigan School of Medicine
- B.S. – University of Iowa
Professional & Community Engagement
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Kent County Opioid Task Force – 2016 to present
- Health Net Clinical Committee – 2016 to present
Glenda Walker :: Chief Information Officer
Glenda Walker is a versatile business leader with over 20 years of healthcare experience, and a style of leadership that is rooted in utilizing data and technology to improve patient experience and health outcomes. As Chief Information Officer, Walker is responsible for the vision of the information services and quality processes for the organization. She oversees all technology initiatives, clinical data analytics capabilities and maintains the organization’s information infrastructure.
Walker joined Cherry Health in 2011 as Site Manager of Westside Health Center and went on to serve as Director of Quality and Informatics as well as Interim COO. Prior to 2011, she held management and leadership positions for Spectrum Health, Mercy Health Saint Mary’s, and Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services.
- B.A. – Davenport University
- M.B.A. – Davenport University
Bill Joure :: Chief Operations Officer
Shaped by his twenty plus years of retail and health care facilities operations experience, Bill Joure brings a unique style of leadership and experience to Cherry Health, as well as a passion for community health.
As Chief Operations Officer, Joure provides the administrative and operational oversight of the organization, including Behavioral Health, Communications, AmeriCorps & Facilities management. Prior to joining Cherry Health in 2020, he was Senior Vice President at Howard Brown Health, leading that organization’s growth from two to twelve clinical sites over the course of five years. He was also part of the team that achieved the designation of Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) for that agency.
Bill is a native of Grand Rapids who is committed to serving the community; and working to make health care available to all.
- B.A. – Michigan State University