The Patient Portal is now available!
The Cherry Health NextGen Patient Portal offers information about your health and allows you to communicate with your doctor’s office:
- Email medical questions to your doctor’s office and receive responses
- View current medications
- Request a medication refill
- Request an appointment
- View lab results
- View future appointments
- Grant access to your Patient Advocate
- Review your complete health record from your doctor’s office, including health summaries
- View patient educations materials about prescription medication or medical procedures
The Patient Portal is currently available ONLY for our medical patients.
- Barry Community Health Center
- Belknap Commons Health Center
- Burton Health Center
- Cherry Street Health Center
- Durham Clinic
- Eaton Community Health Center
- Heart of the City Health Center Adult Medicine
- Heart of the City Health Center Pediatrics
- Montcalm Area Health Center
- Westside Health Center Medical
- Westside Health Center Pediatrics
- Wyoming Community Health Center
How to Enroll in the Patient Portal:
- You will need to get an enrollment token from your Health Center. You can either call or stop into your Health Center and ask for enrollment token. Your enrollment token will be a series of numbers.
- Click on the Enroll box above.
- Enter your enrollment token that you were given from your Health Center, and enter your email address. You will also need to enter your birth date.
*The email address you enter must be the one you provided to the Health Center when you received your token.
*If you do not have an email address, you will need to enter your last name.
- Choose a username and password.
*Your username and password are case sensitive.
*Usernames must be 6-20 characters.
*Passwords must be 6-20 characters and contain at least one (1) number.
- Choose a login security question from the list provided, and provide your answer for the question.
* The question you select will need to be answered every time you log into your Portal account, due to your account containing confidential medical informationthat must be protected.
- Set up your accounts secure password reset feature.
* The Patient Portal will ask you to select a question and provide an answer.
* If you forget your password, the Portal will be able to reset your password by answering the selected question.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I un-enroll in the Patient Portal? (Cancel my enrollment)
If you want to cancel your Patient Portal enrollment, choose ‘Settings’ on the upper right menu bar of the Patient Portal. Once you are in Settings, the option to un-enroll is the last selection.
How do I request an appointment?
Once logged in to the Patient Portal, choose ‘Schedule’ on the upper right menu bar. Then choose ‘Request Appointments’. You can then choose ‘Appointment Request’, and select your health center. You will then need to select your provider. You will hear back from a scheduler within two business days. If your need is more urgent than that, please call your health center directly. For a list of health center locations, click here.
How do I request a medication refill?
Once logged in to the Patient Portal choose ‘Renew Medications’ on the upper right menu bar for medications you are currently taking. Then select your provider. If you are asking about a medication not on your current medication list, you can choose ‘Mail’, and then ‘Compose Message’ and select ‘Medication Questions’. You will receive a response within two business days. If you do not see your provider listed, please contact your health center directly. For a list of health center locations, click here.
How do I send a message to my provider?
Once logged in to the Patient Portal, choose ‘Mail’ on the upper right menu bar. Then choose ‘Compose Message’. You can then choose ‘Medical Questions’, and select your health center. You will then need to select your provider. If you do not see your provider listed, please call your health center directly. For a list of health center locations, click here.
How do I change my username or password?
Simply choose ‘Settings’ on the upper right menu bar. Once you are in Settings, you can choose ‘Edit’ for the information you would like to change.
I forgot my username and/or password. What do I do?
You can choose ‘Need Help’ on the log-in screen and follow the instructions to reset your username/password.
Can I choose my pharmacy?
When you request your medication refill, it will ask you which pharmacy you would like to use. If you do not see your pharmacy on the list that comes up, you can add it.
Can I access my child’s account?
Yes. If you have a minor child, or are the legal guardian of someone, you can ask for access to their account. You will have to initially add the dependent in the Cherry Health office, but once they are attached to your account it is easy to toggle between accounts. Simply click the down arrow in the upper right part of your screen beneath the log out field. A drop down box will appear and you can choose whose record you would like to be in.
Why can’t I access my child’s account if they are between 12 and 18 years old?
State laws protect teens’ rights to keep some health choices private. These laws cover a teen’s sexual health, including birth control, STDs and pregnancy. They also cover the care of a teen’s child. Cherry Health must follow these laws. Because of this, children between the ages of 12 and 17 will not be signed up for the Patient Portal to protect their privacy. When your child reaches their 12th birthday, they will be removed from the Patient Portal. When they turn 18, they may sign up for the Patient Portal as an adult.
Our Patient Portal uses the latest security measures to ensure your health information is secure and we will not give your email address to companies or individuals outside of Cherry Health.